Frequently Asked Questions - All FAQs

FAQs - All FAQs

The check for payment is mailed out as soon as the Town Board approves and audits the bills.

Yes, you as a vendor need to submit a voucher to be paid.

We paid you on vendor invoice number as soon as the check is posted to the General Ledger and sent out for payment.

Property is assessed according to its condition and ownership as of March 1st. It is also the deadline for the filing of all exemptions.

Property owners who feel they are over assessed have the right to present their information to an impartial Board of Assessment Review. Grievance Day is the 4th Tuesday in May.

A property owner may request a review of their assessment and inventory at any time.

STAR is the NYS School Tax Relief program that provides an exemption from School property taxes for OWNER-OCCUPIED, PRIMARY RESIDENCES. Proof of residency is required. For example: Current utility bill, driver's license, voter registration.

The Enhanced STAR is for those who are 65 or older. If husband and wife or siblings, the combined income may not exceed $79,050 for the preceding year. Proof of age, income and residency are required.

The application process for a variance to be approved or denied is two months.

Residential: All residential variances$550

Commercial: All commercial variances $825

 Extension FeeResidential $25

Commercial $50 

The Zoning Board meetings take place every second Monday of the month at the Town of Wallkill.

Address- 99 Tower Drive, Bldg A. Middletown NY 10941.